Your Pet's Top Ten Requests
1. Take a little time every day to give me your total attention. My life is likely to last 10-15 years, and my happiest moments are spent with you.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me. I really do like to please you.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don’t isolate me as punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet I choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being “bad,” ask yourself if something might be troubling me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I’ve been in the sun too long, or I didn't hear you.
9. Take care of me when I grow old and frail. The same fate awaits you.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, please be at my side. Everything is easier if you are with me.
A slightly different version landed in my inbox. Feel free to pass along this link! Blessings to you and your four-leggers from me and mine. --Nina