The Whiskey Mattimoe Mysteries

humorous whodunnits by Nina Wright . . . starring a Michigan realtor and her felonious Afghan hound

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Still Being Distilled: The Latest Whiskey . . .


I don’t like to talk (or write) much about what I write while I’m writing it. Too much time and brain drain, don’t ya know.

But I can tell you that I’m about halfway through Whiskey and Tonic, affectionately dubbed Whiskey3.

Hmm. How ironic. I just got myself a good used car this week, and the model I chose was a Mazda3. Purely coincidental, I suppose. Although my subconscious is mighty powerful.

I once wrote a play whose protagonist was debating whether or not to leave her husband and the state of Indiana to follow a dream (and a fictional character) to Louisiana. One of my dearest friends, who is also an awesome theatre director, said he knew as soon as he started reading my script that the protagonist would never leave her husband.

“How did you know?” I asked.

“Because you named her Nola—No Lousiana. It’s the way your mind works.”


At any rate, as I draft Whiskey and Tonic, besides the stable of Magnet Springs regulars, I’m bringing back a few visiting characters from Whiskey on the Rocks--among them Judge Wells Verbelow and litigious-minded gallery owner Rico Anuncio.

More soon. . . . .

The Whiskey Mattimoe Mysteries:
Real estate, murder, and one bad dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home